Terri Comeau - Your Personal Beachbody Coach

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

6lbs in One Week!

It's always exciting to start a new workout routine.  Every time I started a new diet I was convinced it was the one that I finally get me back to my pre-baby weight.  However, every time I started I found an excuse to stop.  Before my surgery I was running more than I had ever ran in my life, but I had to stop to have my surgery (decent excuse).  I attempted to diet and exercise on and off for a year and a half after my surgery, but life kept happening.  In January I attempted to do a 3-day cleanse that consisted of only drinking nasty shakes and literally not eating a single thing.  Halfway through Day Two I acquired a terrible migraine that wouldn't go away.  In March I started running again, and I was faithfully logging all of my calories into the My Fitness Pal app that I downloaded.  Then my allergies started bugging me so I just stopped.  Grilled Cheese and french fries were the comfort food for my allergies.

So what makes this new diet and workout routine different from the others?  When I decided to become a Beachbody Coach I made a commitment to myself that I would stick this through.  I would make it work.  I've seen the amazing results that Shakeology and Beachbody products produce, and I know that I can get those results as well.  My first Shakeology package came last week.  I've been drinking my Vegan Chocolate Shakeology daily, either as a meal replacement or a snack.  I started Piyo on Monday and I love it!  My Challenge Group is full of wonderful people who are on a similar journey as me.  The group offers accountability and support along the way.

The first day of Piyo was very basic.  "ALIGN:  The Fundamentals" consisted of learned the basic yoga and pilates moves.  I've been doing yoga for years (on and off), so this workout was a breeze for me.  It was almost too easy, so it's a good thing you only have to do this workout once.

Day Two of Piyo was "DEFINE:  LOWER BODY."  The workout was only 25 minutes long, and again I breezed through it.  The downward dogs and warrior poses felt great.  I was a bit disappointed when it ended so soon, but thirty minutes later I was feeling the burn!

Day Three of Piyo was "DEFINE:  UPPER BODY."  This workout was only 20 minutes long, but it was harder for me than the lower body workout.  I haven't done many arm exercises since my mastectomy, so I'm pretty weak in my arms.  I could barely do half a pushup on my knees!

If you've just started your Piyo routines and find them "too easy," don't give up.  Tomorrow's workout is called "SWEAT", and from what I hear it will definitely live up to it's name!

So what are my results after one week of Shakeology and three days of Piyo?  One week ago I weighed 159.9lbs.  Today I weighed in at 153.5lbs.  Yes, I lost SIX POUNDS IN ONE WEEK!

For more information on Piyo and Shakeology, please visit my Beachbody page:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/TerriComeau

Follow me on Facebook:  Terri Comeau - That BRCA Girl

Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/Charliesmommey

No comments:

Post a Comment