Terri Comeau - Your Personal Beachbody Coach

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bring on February!!

I was going to post about my preop appointments and my interview with Linda Hurtado, but I would rather write about my feelings about tomorrow.  I want to remember these feelings and be able to look back in a few months and realize how far I've come.

Tomorrow is my big day.  Surgery is scheduled for 11:00am with Dr. Campbell, then Dr. Redmon will come in to do the reconstruction/expander placement.  I'm nervous, scared, melancholy, and ready for this.  As ready as I can be, really.

January has been the most challenging months of this journey so far.  I started off the month by battling the flu and my insurance company and the hospital about my deductible.  Once that was behind me I got sick again and have had a lingering cough which is MUCH MUCH better.  As I write this I am giving myself a nebulizer treatment.  Work has kept my mind off of the surgery by keeping me busy.  I haven't been able to run this month because of my colds.  Today Charlie got a fever and cough.  The poor little guy wouldn't take any tylenol and was just miserable.  He will probably stay home from school tomorrow.  With all of those challenges, it's only appropriate to end January with my biggest hurdle of them all - my prophylactic mastectomy.  I know I can do this.  I  know God and Jesus are on my side and with my doctors. 

February 1st will be a new start for me.  With February will come new obstacles on my road to recovery.  I will be living my life without the 87% chance of getting breast cancer.

XoXo

What's I'm wearing to my mastectomy.

1 comment: