Terri Comeau - Your Personal Beachbody Coach

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Happy Anniversary, My Love

Four years ago today I married the love of my life.  We had only met five months prior, but the connection between us was there from the beginning.  I took on a part time job as a hostess at the restaurant where Jason worked.  I was recovering from my annual case of bronchitis, but went to work anyway because I needed to make extra money to cover the $300 cost of the doctor bill and prescriptions.  I decided to have some French onion soup to soothe my sore throat before my shift started (this vegetarian didn’t realize it was made with beef broth).  I chatted with a few coworkers as I enjoyed my beefy “vegetarian” soup.  Jason came over to join us, and we engaged in casual conversation.

 

To this day, Jason insists this was the first time we met.  However, we actually met a few weeks prior around my second week.  He came up to the hostess stand and introduced himself.  “I’m JC… or you can call me Jason.  It doesn’t matter.”  Later on that evening he helped me rearrange tables for a large party coming in.  He doesn’t remember this though.

 

A few weeks later we had our first date.  Two months later we moved in together.  Three months later we were married.  We didn’t have a big wedding.  It was just the two of us.  Plain and simple.  That was all we needed. 

 

There are people who say that everything happens for a reason.  You find love when you aren’t looking.  Sometimes God sends a person into your life when you least expect it, but need it the most.  They may stay in your life for a few days, months, a lifetime or a just a few short moments.  Jason came into my life during a time when I was doubting whether or not there were any decent men left in the world, or if I would ever find someone who would respect me and love me and complete me.  All of my struggles prior to meeting Jason suddenly made sense because each decision I ever made, whether it be good or bad, ultimately led me to him and our happiness.

 

Jason and I balance each other.  In situations where I become the control freak and worry, he remains calm, laid back and reminds me that everything will be okay (which it usually is).  From the moment I received my BRCA test results he was by my side assuring me that everything will be alright (which it is).  He was by my side at every doctor appointment he could be at holding my hand.  He stayed with me during my two night hospital stay after my mastectomy sleeping on a reclining chair that made sleeping on a rock look more comfortable.

 

These past four years have been the best years of my life.  I have an amazing husband, a sweet little boy and I no longer have the fear of breast cancer looming over my head.  Life is good.

 

~Terri

 

 

mer

No comments:

Post a Comment